Why acoustic sensors?
Certainly, not everyone needs an acoustic sensor.
For everyone else: the sensors of the dsound®seriesEquipment for industrial quality testing is often expensive, difficult to install, requires frequent and often difficult maintenance, and is not applicable in many areas. The dsound® USS4 "hears" small changes of sound emitted by small parts or glass containers. Even the tiniest faults, like cracks, inclusions or geometry deviations are reliably detected despite intense ambient noise. Using the means of sound detection, high enclosure class and the compact housing of the sensor; quality testing is now possible in areas where other methods, like for example cameras fail. You will be amazed by the intelligent USS4.
A deviation from the usual sounds of a production process is often the first sign of an operational fault such as ripping material, breaking tools or bursting pressure hoses. With the help of the dsound® USS5, machines and processes can be reliably monitored acoustically. Additionally, assessments of valve- or relay states or snapped-in parts in assembly are viable. If the need arises, the USS5 is able to intervene in the event of unwanted ignitions or emerging leakage. The USS5 provides security to critical processes.
application classesnoise and operating test
- Inspection of psychoacoustic blur
- Identification of operational faults
- Resonance analysis for cavities, crevices and structure test, geometry inspection, hardness testing of products
- Monitoring of manufacturing processes such as machining operations or joining processes
- Identification of faults in material, tools or assembly
- Counting and sorting
- Recording of process and testing noises as well as noise parameters in standard files
- For production documentation and quality assurance
place of installationUsed directly in manufacturing processes or in remote test processes with airborne sound or structure-borne sound
Sensor technology even in an environment that is dust-laden or affected by water splashes, with increased demands even in remote models e.g. for use with elevated temperatures.
The reliable statistical analysis works faultlessly, even with high levels of ambient noise. This means that in any event it can also be used inside loud production halls and directly on production lines. Since the sensor is compactly built, robust and maintenance-free, it can also be used in difficult locations. It can even be used in mobile devices.
testing materialsThe sensor is best suited for materials with a low level of internal damping (metal, glass, ceramics etc). Thus the sensor can, for example, be used directly on production equipment for quality control.
examples of use
- "Good / bad" - discriminating between screws
- Monitoring of rotating machine parts
- Monitoring of the sharpness of tools with CNC machines
- Counting and sorting of small parts
- Monitoring of possibly emanating gases or fluids
- Testing of anomalies and cracks in ceramic parts